Fermented Papaya: health benefits, quality and use
The Papaia plant (Carica papaja, of the Caricaceae family), widespread especially in tropical and sub-tropical countries, is used in the world in all its parts (the fruit, leaves and seeds) for their different properties. The leaves contain saponins, phenolic acids, cardiotonic glucosides and alkaloids. In the fruit the presence of vitamins (A and C), flavonoids and minerals should be noted, while the seeds are an abundant source of proteins, lipids and fibers.
Fermented papaya: properties and benefits
The Papaya, from which the fermented juice is obtained, is known for its antioxidant properties. The most common antioxidants it contains are: vitamins, carotenoids, cryptoxanthin, beta-carotene, lutein. "Papaya - said Prof. Luc Montagner - is one of the major sources of antioxidants, which play a very important role in protecting the organism". The antioxidant properties play an important role in the fight against excess free radicals responsible for accelerated cell aging and physiological disorders in the body that can cause fatigue and a deterioration in quality of life.
Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, gastroprotective, hepatoprotective, anti-ulcer properties have been recognized in various studies. In the past there have been testimonies, more or less famous, that have highlighted the qualities above all from the point of view of the improvement of nervous energy and of better reactivity of the brain or of support in degenerative diseases (even here we do not know the scientific evidence of process). Recent research has also been directed to possible antitumoral effects (eg "AntiTumor and Immunoregulatory Effects of Fermented Papaya Preparation (FPP)" Murakami S, et al. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016).
We do not venture into the path of degenerative diseases, or the improvement of nervous energy
and of better reactivity of the brain, or of others but as far as we can we endorse the path on the antioxidant and preventive action supporting it with some indexes studied on the product itself (such as the "ORAC index").
Papaya juice and fermented papaya: some differences
The papaya fruit, fresh, in extract or freeze-dried, has only discrete exogenous antioxidant properties attributable to vitamins A and C but it is not able to perform activities on the endogenous antioxidant system or to carry out immunomodulating actions.
A long process of fermentation of papaya juice, allows to obtain new components that are not limited to act as "scavengers" of free radicals but also optimize the functions of the endogenous antioxidant system of the organism, protecting the cells from oxidative stress.
Fermented Papaya: look for quality!
There are many preparations of Papaya fermented on the market, with a health claim "useful for its antioxidant action and for the body's natural defenses". Caution:
1) many products in fermented Papaya sachets contain Papaya but also other ingredients (the label should always be looked at);
2) little clarity on the production process;
3) the normal processing practices of fermented papaya require that after fermentation there is atomization (spray drying), a process that involves the contact of the product with temperatures above 130 ° C even for short periods. Only after the atomization process is the product granulated;
4) the fermented papaya does not have a defined standardization ratio and the full qualitative analysis is not known either: it is therefore difficult to understand its concentration and quality in the finished product.
Papaya fermented in sachet: here is our advice and why
Here are the quality parameters that make the difference:
- only one ingredient: it is 100% fermented papaya juice powder, gluten-free, maltodextrin, dyes, GMO ingredients;
- control over the production chain: Fermented Papaya Orac (patented) is produced, fermented and granulated in Italy, on the Chianti hills, at the BioDue Spa production sites. The production chain is controlled starting from the clear Papaya juice obtained from the centrifugation of fruits (from analytical tests it was discovered that it is the best starting point), until the finished product is obtained, constantly checking each passage through specific indicators, to ensure that Papaya Fermentata orac master is an effective and safe product;
- process of fermentation of the juice without "cross contamination": the clear juice of Papaya, is placed in contact with the yeast Saccharomyces Boulardii and subjected to a long fermentation process lasting some months, it ends only when specific indicators allow it. Fermentation takes place in special steel containers, in a production line entirely dedicated to Papaya. This does not allow cross contamination, in fact the product, after specific analysis, is declared gluten free;
- innovative granulation process: once the Papaya has been fermented, the next step is the granulation process in order to obtain very fine orosoluble granules, the most suitable pharmaceutical form for sublingual absorption. The innovation in the production process is that during granulation processing the temperature does not exceed 40 ° (with spray drying instead it reaches 130 ° C), preserving the original properties of the product. The use of such low temperatures in any case safeguards the phytocomplex. And so our papaya fermented in sachets is ready for use;
- certified qualitative analyzes to guarantee quality: Papaya Orac master was qualitatively analyzed using the HPLC-DAD method, compared with two market-based fermented papaya products. With this analysis methodology it is possible to determine the complete profile of the Fermented Papaya;
- analysis to determine the antioxidant efficacy of the product: the ORAC index was evaluated, which is the unit of measurement of antioxidant power in vitro. To index this important action Selerbe has
subjected to the ORAC index analysis, comparing Papaya Fermentata orac master ™ and two market leading products. The value of the Orac index in the Papaya Fermentata orac master ™ product resulted, processing an average of the results obtained higher (33% and 5% more respectively).
Fermented Papaya: how and when to take it
The use of orac fermented papaya supplement is recommended, food supplement with 100% fermented papaya juice:
- due to its antioxidant action, one sachet per day (equal to about 3 grams) to be placed under the tongue to be placed under the tongue preferably in the morning away from meals;
- during periods of severe work stress, physical weakness and mental concentration (loss of memory, loss of attention) and to support immune defenses, particularly during the winter season: taking 3 sachets a day between meals for at least 5 days but it is advisable to continue the intake for at least 2 months.
Orac fermented Papaya, due to its composition, has no contraindications and can also be used by diabetics. Obviously the recommended doses must always be respected.
Visit our herbal department for any clarification or for more information.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, THIS TEXT IS NOT REPRODUCIBLE WITHOUT EXPRESS AUTHORIZATION OF ERBORISTERIA COMO.